Your 9-5 can change the world.
Ready to make a deeper impact?
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Oct-Nov, 2021
$4000 Upskilling Benefit to enroll in relevant courses
Canadian Citizen, PR, or Protected Person, Graduate of Post-secondary
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Project management experience
- Web Development fundamentals (HTML, CSS, JS), React & Redux
- Experience with web development, remote collaboration, and Git
- Familiar with backend technologies including Express.js, MongoDB
- Experience integrating 3rd party APIs
- Experience with data analysis or analytics is a huge plus
- End to end testing, unit testing, and integration testing using Cypress or equivalent is a huge plus
- Knowledge, desire to learn, or experience with cybersecurity is a nice asset
- Design and maintain client-side and server-side architectures
- Lead coordination between design and development teams
- Work with data scientists to implement Machine Learning algorithms
- Work collaboratively with business teams and UX designers
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade web applications
- Build beautiful user-centered experiences and produce robust and well-documented code
- Professional development, mentorship & training in entrepreneurship
- Room for growth in creativity, design, and leadership skills on a dynamic, interdisciplinary team
This internship is funded by the Government of Canada and work terms are under the Digital Skills for Youth (DS4Y) Program. DS4Y, an initiative from Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED), provides an opportunity for youth to gain valuable training and work experience needed for today’s digital economy.